I need help. Not that kind of help, the kind that helps me get things done. If you’ve ever asked yourself how do I [fill in the blank]*, it’s because I have help. Anything I do that turns out well, looks clean, or simply is accomplished, I’ve had help. I hate to admit this, as I too often love to think of every little victory as my own, but there it is. OK, so I may not have little shoe elves, or fairies, or that sort of help, but I do have:
- Great family members, volunteering physical labor, ideas, and phone consultation
- Great friends, often functioning as family
- Good neighbors, who let me try crazy recipes out on them, and build sheds, and whatnot
- Lovely Cookbooks, that are full of ideas and guides
- A great library system, lending many helpful books
- People who actually read this blog and keep me feeling sane
- A comfortable bed
- A few very nice gadgets (non of them uni-taskers)
I was thinking about all of you when I was making salsa a few days ago and looked down to see the pulse function on my food processor had completely warn off. Sad in some ways, but really a great time to think about all the wonderful things it had helped me to make and all the help I get from likely and unlikely sources. You know who you are. Thank you. I love you all.
*Some of the things in the blank: get ready in the morning (thank you husband for the wake up pokes), watch so many movies (thank you Netflix), keep such a high level of sugar intake without going comatose (thank you hereditary low blood sugar)…and on and on.